Our use of technology and Systems Thinking approach is delivering sustained improvements and setting new benchmarks for the sector.
Sustained improvements in customer service recognised across a range of metrics
- Best ever scores in Ofwat's qualitative Service Incentive Mechanism (SIM), positioning first in the final wave and upper quartile for the year overall;
- Upper quartile performance for the utilities sector in the UK Customer Service Institute's Satisfaction Index; and
- Leading listed company for the Consumer Council for Water's assessment of household complaint numbers.
Leading on support for vulnerable customers
- Hosted the first ever North West Affordability summit, building on our already leading position on affordability and vulnerability; and
- Supporting more than 50,000 customers in need of help through our Priority Services scheme, helping significantly more customers than initially targeted.
Consulting with customers on our long-term plans
- Consulted with customers and stakeholders on our new 25-year Water Resources Management Plan, balancing investment with affordability.
Efficient delivery of investment plan without compromising on quality
- Efficiency driven into the delivery of our investment programme has delivered customer service, operational and environmental benefits;
- Efficiency savings have contributed to regulatory outperformance, which has been achieved whilst maintaining highly effective capital delivery, with our TCQi score remaining over 90 per cent; and
- Optimised our ODI performance, performing better than expected so far and now expect, absent any unforeseen events, to finish the 2015–20 period with a cumulative net reward on ODIs.
Outperforming our regulatory contract
- Delivered our investment plan efficiently, along with our Systems Thinking approach and innovation, giving us confidence in outperforming our regulatory totex allowance by £100 million for the 2015–20 period; and
- Low cost of debt already locked-in, placing us in a strong position to substantially outperform the regulatory cost of debt allowance for the 2015–20 period.
Leading performance with integrity
- Retained Industry Leading status in the Environment Agency's assessment, achieving frontier performance for the sector with the lowest number of pollution incidents and our best-in-sector level of self-reporting;
- Improved our drinking water quality again, which is now the best it has ever been; and
- Leading the industry in our approach to resilience.
Strong Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) credentials
- Retained World Class rating in Dow Jones Sustainability Index for tenth consecutive year, a very good achievement in light of the ever-evolving standards.
Sharing outperformance to improve resilience
- Sharing our anticipated net outperformance across the 2015–20 regulatory period, increasing our additional investment from £100 million to £250 million and delivering industry-leading, long-term resilience for the benefit of customers.
Read more about our Operational KPIs
Read more on Operational performance - The best service to customers
Read more on Business insight - Our first affordability summit
Read more on Operational performance - At the lowest sustainable cost
Read more on Business insight - Design for manufacture and assembly
Read more on Operational performance - In a responsible manner
Read more on Business insight - Sustainable drainage solutions